Friday, July 23, 2010

First attempt

at baby shoes! I found these on Etsy and fell in love, they are just so adorable. I knew I would need a ton of practice, I am still just a beginner at sewing so I figured I would get practicing...21 weeks to go!

Well, I need A LOT of practice. Here is a picture of try 1 and 2.



I like the tongue and the strap in try 1, but I did not pay any attention to the stitching when I sewed the sole to the rest of the shoe, so you can see the stitch marks. But hey for my first and second attempts I believe I did a pretty good job.

I also got this pattern and can't wait to find out if it is a girl or boy. I have so many projects in mind but I don't want to make everything green and yellow. So I have to be patient for a couple more weeks....

1 comment:

  1. Rande, you are such a cute pregnant mommy! I still need to learn how to sew shoes just like that. Those are darling.

    It was so fun to be with you in Bear Lake! You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete