Thursday, January 7, 2010

Camera Strap Slipcover

I love color. I hate free advertising. My camera strap was a large black billboard for Canon. And that had to be stopped.

Solution :



My strap measured 24.5" x 1.5" so I cut a strip of material 26.5" x 4"

Fold in the end 1/2" and press, then fold 1/2" again (your raw edge is now tucked it) and press. Do this to both ends.




Stitch ends, I used a large zig-zag in a contrasting color.



Fold your cover in half length-wise pin and press flat. Sew closed, make sure you reinforce the ends. Turn right side out and press one more time.
The ends of the strap are slightly thicker than your cover so I used a small rubber band to hold it closed.



Pull the cover over your strap and ta da! You can make them in all sorts of colors and you will never get board.



Photo op over. ShitHead or erm Zoey thought it was a toy for her, oh joy (insert dripping sarcasm)

I also tried making this one out of old hockey skate laces, not sure I like the way it turned out, I may have to try again...



No comments:

Post a Comment