Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mod Podge Fun

Due to hockey and work I have not had a whole ton of free time this week to do a very big project but I have 'fixed' a few little things that have been bugging me.

First is the spice rack I got after our wedding. I figured it would have a few spices and a few empty bottles so I could put my own spices in, I was wrong. I cook, but nothing to fancy and half of these spices I had never heard of so the whole thing sat unused on my counter for over a year, not any more.

I cut out 20 circles to cover the tops of the jars, Mod Podged them to the tops along with the names of the spices I printed off of the computer.



I found the most used spices in my cupboard (onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, etc) that was not included in the spice rack. Then I filled the newly decorated bottles with those and the old bottles with the spices I do not use.



Much better!

My other Mod Podge project so far this week was to cover the logo on my camera bag. R got me this great bag for Christmas, he dose not know much about cameras and thought I had a Sony, I have a Canon.
I do not have a before picture but where I covered the case with fabric it said Sony (not only do I have a Canon, and you cant keep a Canon in a Sony bag, I also do not like free advertising). I cut two pieces of fabric to match the area I wanted to cover, applied a layer of MP, my fabric, and three coats of MP on top. Good as new!




No comments:

Post a Comment